31.7.11

chasing cars


He sings about "us" all the time... But why the hell is he smiling?

He's by himself, singing about an "us" that doesn't seem to exist anymore. Always smiling... Maybe he was holding a laugh when recording... Or maybe he was just being ironic...

"I don't quite know how to say how I feel..."


Well, thinking deeply, I guess the answer is in that line... How can he talk about "us" being alone... and smiling? He just doesn't know... We never know. I never know.

Things seemed not to match... "We" doesn't actually exist, just used to... or maybe never did...
But how can he still smile with all that regret? He misses "us", I'm sure he does... And he's still smiling... still alone... Where had that "us" go?

Those three words were not enough... Hey, wait... Where's that smile? A lapse of conscience... Maybe he'd just admitted he failed something... Three words are never enough. Words are never enough... Everything is never enough to hold on to anything that's not meant to exist.

Forget what we're told... 


Ok, I'll forget everything, anything, anyone...

And, no... the answer for the questions and doubts and invitations in the song is always "no"... That's why he's still alone in the end... I think I was being too optimistic hoping to see that empty side of the bed retaken by whoever he was missing.

But reality's not always optimistic. Reality's harsh most of the time...

I still hope for something to change... about reality, I mean. Think I just have to wait. Maybe reality's being a bitch right now 'cause it's the way it has to be now.

Maybe the future holds an optimistic reality. Maybe this reality is just waiting and becoming perfect for me in the end...

But still....

I don't know where... confused about how as well...
Just know that these things will never change for us at all.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário